Hina Mauka is a growing, dynamic organization looking for passionate, talented individuals with a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of those seeking recovery. We take great pride in helping our clients heal in a safe and supportive environment, using the very best evidence-based practices. As a team, we support, inspire and constantly learn from one another.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR – KAUAI (Kapaa) – full time position
Hina Mauka seeks a Counselor to provide adolescent substance abuse treatment services in a school-based setting. Click here to see more information about this position
• Provides the core functions of substance abuse counseling including screening, intake, assessment, treatment planning, group and individual counseling, family counseling, case management, education, crisis counseling, discharge planning, continuing care treatment and relapse prevention.
• Provides substance abuse prevention services including screening, brief intervention, group, and alternative activities.
• Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with referral sources including the school staff.
• Participates in school and community events.
• Creates a safe and therapeutic environment for clients through the establishment of healthy norms and positive expectations for clients.
• Travels between sites to provide services.
Required qualifications include:
• Must pass a background check and be able to work with children
• Must have transportation, submit driver’s abstract, and have a valid driver’s license in order to transport clients
• Computer skills
Desired qualifications include:
• Ability to work with a various populations, flexible, and positive
• Experience with adolescents and substance abuse
• CSAC or Master’s Degree preferred, but not required
Please send cover letter and resume, attention Teen CARE, via email to:
ADULT TREATMENT SERVICES
CASE MANAGER (Kaneohe)
Responsibilities: Provides each consumer on caseload with face-to-face service, ensures each consumer has a treatment plan, acts as a liaison and consults with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process. Monitors and evaluates consumers’ progress, provides ongoing support, and makes changes to treatment plans as needed.
Candidate must be mature, reliable and responsible, must display sound judgment, a good work ethic, and personal integrity. Must be comfortable working with adults with severe mental illness and their families and be culturally sensitive. A working knowledge of diverse populations including but not limited to treatment of behavior disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders and Schizophrenia/Schizoaffective disorders is required.Valid Driver’s license, clean traffic abstract, no fault insurance and willingness to use properly insured vehicle to transport consumers.
Educational and Experience: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of twelve (12) semester credit hours in courses such as counseling, criminal justice, human services, psychology, social work, social welfare, sociology, or other behavioral sciences and two (2) years of experience working within mental health required. LBSW preferred.
Or Master’s degree in human services related fields with one (1) year experience. LSW, LMFT, LCSW, or LMHC preferred. Substance abuse experience preferred but not required.
TREATMENT ASSOCIATE (Kaneohe)
Per Diem openings for Treatment Associates at our Kaneohe facility. BA degree preferred, but not required. Candidate must be flexible as this is a 24 hour run department.
PER DIEM SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELORS (Kaneohe, Waipahu, WCCC)
Hina Mauka has per diem openings for Substance Abuse Counselors at our Kaneohe, Waipahu and WCCC locations, in a per diem capacity. Candidate must have team-oriented practices and experience working with the Mental Health and substance abuse populations. Master’s degree and/or CSAC preferred.