Hina Mauka is a growing, dynamic organization looking for passionate, talented individuals with a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of those seeking recovery. We take great pride in helping our clients heal in a safe and supportive environment, using the very best evidence-based practices. As a team, we support, inspire and constantly learn from one another.
Adolescent Substance Abuse Counselor – Waimea
Hina Mauka seeks a Counselor to provide adolescent substance abuse treatment and prevention services. Responsibilities include:
- Provides the core functions of substance abuse counseling including screening, intake, assessment, treatment planning, group and individual counseling, family counseling, case management, education, crisis counseling, discharge planning, continuing care treatment and relapse prevention.
- Provides substance abuse prevention services including screening, brief intervention, group, and alternative activities.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with referral sources including the school staff.
- Participates in school and community events.
- Creates a safe and therapeutic environment for clients through the establishment of healthy norms and positive expectations for clients.
- Travels between sites to provide services.
Required qualifications include:
- Must pass a background check and be able to work with children
- Must have transportation, submit driver’s abstract, and have a valid driver’s license in order to transport clients
Desired qualifications include:
- Ability to work with a various populations, flexible, and positive
- Experience with adolescents and substance abuse
- Computer skills
- CSAC, CPS, or Master’s Degree preferred, but not required
Hawaii’s largest Substance Abuse facility has an opening for a Psychiatric Lead Nurse. Candidate must be a Licensed RN in the State of Hawaii with extensive experience treating patients with substance use disorders and a strong mental health treatment background. Candidate should have experience working with co-occurring disorders and criminal populations as well as strong administrative and clinical skills. Candidates should have a working knowledge of psychiatric treatment especially in regard to psychiatric medications and their potential risks, benefits and side effects. Candidates who have experience in case management, day treatment and residential treatment are desired. Candidates should feel comfortable teaching classes. Candidate should have experience in OHCA, AMHD and contract nursing care requirements. Excellent pay & benefits.
Clinical Supervisor for Substance Abuse Treatment programs on Oahu, Full-time
- Hina Mauka is one of the largest accredited substance abuse programs in Hawaii. Hina Mauka commenced operation in Kaneohe, Hawaii in 1968. Adolescent services started in 1987 with the advent of the Teen CARE program. Teen CARE now provides prevention and treatment services to 22 sites on Oahu and Kauai.
- Responsible for supervising a treatment team effort. Provides training, supervision, and administrative oversight to a team of 8 – 12 substance abuse counselors.
- Provides initial training and on-going supervision to staff. Methods of supervision include:
- traveling to various sites on Oahu to observe services to youth, review documentation, and provide training to individuals
- consultation by phone, internet, and meetings
- facilitation of team meetings
- providing training at staff meetings
- oversight of clinical documentation via electronic health records
- Supervises prevention services and treatment counseling being provided to adolescents and/or their families. Provides supervision and training for individual sessions, group sessions, life skills, family education, and other community therapeutic activities.
- Assists with monitoring of practicum program that requires the supervision of practicum students, including graduate students.
- Provides overall supervision, assigns work, documents staff performance, and advises staff members. Recommends personnel actions such as selection, evaluations, promotion, staffing and discipline within the guidelines of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action programs and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Motivates staff in a positive manner; develops teamwork in accepting and practicing the policies and procedures of the department.
- Communicates updated and new guidelines and regulations to staff.
- Provides backup prevention groups and/or counseling to adolescents and families, as needed.
- Provides transportation to clients for program approved activities.
- Monitors staff adherence to codes of ethics, legal standards, and company policies and procedures.
- Monitors and develops working relationship with referral sources.
- Directly supervises the everyday procedures and efficiency of all Teen CARE sites in providing treatment to adolescents.
- Assesses training needs and provides training as needed.
- Reports to the Director of Adolescent Programs on the status of programs, adherence to code of ethics, needs, and public relations.
- Responsible for monitoring client files and counselors’ adherence to contract record keeping requirements.
- Assists with reporting requirements.
- Reviews department operations to ensure compliance with applicable CARF standards and federal and state regulations.
- Ensures that employees perform duties using safe work techniques and in accordance workplace health and safety rules and company policies.
- Knowledge of substance abuse and adolescent issues.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic; in possession of strong time-management and organizational skills; and have the ability to work independently and to be flexible.
- Computer skills including familiarity with MS office programs and internet required. Experience with web-based electronic health records preferred.
- Experience in clinical management and supervising counselors in a clinical setting strongly preferred.
- Master’s Degree or Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) required.
- Two years professional experience in the field of substance abuse or relevant youth services.
- Must have transportation, submit driver’s abstract, have a valid driver’s license, and required insurance coverage to transport clients and to travel between sites.
- Position primarily daytime hours, but will also include evening work about once a week. Schedule will include two Saturdays a month.
- A strong desire to help others to grow, to learn, and to be successful.
LCSW’s - Oahu
Hawaii’s largest substance abuse agency has an opening for an LCSW. Candidate must be licensed in the State of Hawaii and have experience working with the SPMI and/or co-occurring disorder populations. Candidate will be responsible for supporting our case management program. Excellent pay & benefits, including PTO, paid holidays, medical, life insurance and 403B.
Treatment Associate (Per Diem)
Per Diem openings for Treatment Associates at our Kaneohe facility. BA degree preferred. Candidate must be flexible as this is a 24 hour run department.
Counselors (Per Diem)
Kaneohe and Waipahu
Hina Mauka has a FT and per diem openings for Substance Abuse Counselors at our Kaneohe and Waipahu offices. Candidate must have team-oriented practices and experience working with the Mental Health and substance abuse populations. Master’s degree and/or CSAC preferred.
Registered Nurse (Per Diem)
Must be a Licensed R.N. in the State of Hawai‘i with substance abuse background.
Candidate should have experience working with the mental health and criminal populations.
Excellent pay & benefits including PTO, medical insurance and 403B.
If you’re qualified and interested in one of our open positions, please send your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’d like to join the Hina Mauka team to:
Attention: Human Resources
45-845 Po’okela Street
Kāne‘ohe, Hawai‘i 96744
Tel: (808) 236-2600
Fax: (808) 236-0495